de Linnenpoort
© de Linnenpoort     -     Jezuïtenplein 25 B-9700 te Oudenaarde     -     Tel. 0032 55 30 08 73


“Le Petit Bruges”

Oudenaarde was founded in 1030. Allthough according to legend the first Roman outpost that set the foundation for Oudenaarde was founded in 441. Later Oudenaarde would be a centre of commerce due to it’s location next to the river ‘Schelde’ and it’s canals. Hence the nickname “Le Petit Bruges”. The main export product of Oudenaarde were fabric and tapestries. They are still well known around the world. It still has a historical centre combined with a modern lifestyle.
Postcards and other souvernirs are available at our shop.